Friday, June 19, 2015

The Other Georgetown


When talking about Georgetown, most people think of the district in Washington, DC. But there is another Georgetown. In another Washington. Washington state. Last month when I was teaching in the Pacific Northwest, I stayed in the Georgetown neighborhood of Seattle. It was the perfect gritty, urban spot for me. It reminded me of Brooklyn. With microbreweries.

It had graffiti...




Amazing shops...

 






A trailer park mall...





...with Amber and John, the coolest couple ever, from Seek and Restore...


And just the right amount of urban photo ops...





8 comments:

Bill said...

I hope you saved the flamingos for me!

amy of studio four corners said...

yup...a cool area that I don't get to often enough!

Maryanne said...

Looks like you found the perfect spot for you in Seattle! You could probably stay there for a month or two without having problems with your head!!!

DarcieGlam said...

The Trailer Park Mall would be the perfect place to bring Zippee!

Anonymous said...

Okay...pure heaven..
Orly

Jackie PN said...

Cool photos Seth!! Wow, I am so excited! My son and dil just moved to Washington,a bit North of Seattle- can't wait to go visit and see the state they absolutely love it!! I'll have to get lists from you before I go of must sees!! happy Saturday! hugs")

Kay Wallace said...

I have never been to the State of Washington, Seth, but once Russ retires (if ever), we will head West. What a fun was to explore! Thanks for sharing!

Lay Hoon said...

There is a another place in Penang (Malaysia) known as Georgetown